For quick reference, watch our video or follow the detailed step-by-step instructions.
Watch our video
What you need before you start
- Your Apple device (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) updated to the latest version of the mobile operating system (iOS).
- The device must be connected to the Internet.
- The email settings below:
In order to setup your email program on your computer or mobile device, you will need the following email settings.
Note: If you are have your own custom domain, you will need to use different settings for your custom domain (usually pop.customdomain.com or smtp.customdomain.com)
Incoming mail settings:
|Authentication:||Username and password< TR>|
|Authentication:||Username (full email address) and password< TR>|
Outgoing mail settings:
Note: Effective July 29th, Bell Aliant has enabled SMTP Authentication to allow for your mobile devices to send email regardless of where you are located without the need to change your settings each time you travel.
|Authentication||Username and password|
Follow these easy steps
- From the Apple device Home Screen tap Settings.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Mail Account.
- A list of mail service options will be provided. Tap Other.
- Tap Add Account.
- Enter your name, your Bell Aliant email address, your password and a description for the email account.
- Tap Next.
- Under the POP heading, confirm your name, email address and description.
- Under the Incoming Mail Server heading, enter the Host Name, User Name and Password. When using your Bell Aliant connection the incoming mail server Host Name is pop.bellaliant.com.
- Under the Outgoing Mail Server heading, enter the Host Name. When using your Bell Aliant connection the outgoing mail server Host Name is smtp.bellaliant.net.
- Tap Save.
- The Email app will respond with a Verifying message.
- A message box will appear: Cannot Connect Using SSL. Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL? Tap Yes.
Note: It can take up to several minutes for the verification process to finish and the message box to appear.
In order to use SMTP autentication you will need to change the default server settings and switch to smtpa.bellaliant.net
From the Mail, Contact, Calendars window, tap the account you just created.
Under Outgoing Mail Server tap smtp.bellaliant.net.
Under Primary Server, tap smtp.bellaliant.net.
In the Host Name field, enter smtpa.bellaliant.net.
Make sure your email address and password are entered
Under Authentication, select Password from the dropdown.
Enter 2225 under Server Port